The things "Reply 1994" taught me
Posted by kissiaojoy
on
12:35 AM
"Reply 1994"
Finally had the time to sit down and write this post. I was a total fan of the 1997 series though that series to me, doesn't bring back a lot of memories or relatable points. However, for 1994, it was somewhat relatable.
Yes. I am a fangirl or should i say WAS a fan girl? I was never a crazy one. So I can never ever relate myself to those crazy things the girls did in both series.
However, in 1994, what touched me most was the relationship between people. Especially the romance part of it. Nope, not the guessing husband part of the story. What I mean was, the interaction between the boarding house mates, the relationship between couples. There's just soooooooooo much to relate.
The one that I like the most is when NaJeong and Rubbish was having their long distance relationship. Every couple just feels that their love for each other can overcome the distance but everyone forgot the fact that it takes two hands to clap. Both needs to make sacrifice in time and care more for each other. It's not just I believe we will work out fine. Believe does not work things out. It's more of how much you interact with each other, how truthful you are with your feelings to each other.
I'm unhappy with you means I'm unhappy with you. One should not just hide your feelings away because you feel that the other party is too busy to be bothered by these "small" matters.
"I'm okay. "
"It does not matter."
"Rest is more important."
THESE ARE BULLSHIT. lol. Sometimes it's really okay to say that you are not okay. Compromise does not work a relationship out, it worsen a relationship. This is a lesson that I need to learn, like seriously.
When you think and care too much about your partner, you are neglecting yourself. When you start to neglect yourself, you will feel the loneliness suddenly hits in. You will feel tired all of a sudden and starts questioning. Why am I always the one compromising? Why is there no one caring for me?
Feelings will start to fade. It's not the fault of anyone. It's just time and work that got us into this state. Sometimes we are not able to blame anyone. We are the cause of it ourselves. It's time to grow up and learn how to handle relationships better. How to voice out your thoughts better. In any case, communication is always the key to a good relationship.
Random me. Random thoughts. Random review.
Finally had the time to sit down and write this post. I was a total fan of the 1997 series though that series to me, doesn't bring back a lot of memories or relatable points. However, for 1994, it was somewhat relatable.
Yes. I am a fangirl or should i say WAS a fan girl? I was never a crazy one. So I can never ever relate myself to those crazy things the girls did in both series.
However, in 1994, what touched me most was the relationship between people. Especially the romance part of it. Nope, not the guessing husband part of the story. What I mean was, the interaction between the boarding house mates, the relationship between couples. There's just soooooooooo much to relate.
The one that I like the most is when NaJeong and Rubbish was having their long distance relationship. Every couple just feels that their love for each other can overcome the distance but everyone forgot the fact that it takes two hands to clap. Both needs to make sacrifice in time and care more for each other. It's not just I believe we will work out fine. Believe does not work things out. It's more of how much you interact with each other, how truthful you are with your feelings to each other.
I'm unhappy with you means I'm unhappy with you. One should not just hide your feelings away because you feel that the other party is too busy to be bothered by these "small" matters.
"I'm okay. "
"It does not matter."
"Rest is more important."
THESE ARE BULLSHIT. lol. Sometimes it's really okay to say that you are not okay. Compromise does not work a relationship out, it worsen a relationship. This is a lesson that I need to learn, like seriously.
When you think and care too much about your partner, you are neglecting yourself. When you start to neglect yourself, you will feel the loneliness suddenly hits in. You will feel tired all of a sudden and starts questioning. Why am I always the one compromising? Why is there no one caring for me?
Feelings will start to fade. It's not the fault of anyone. It's just time and work that got us into this state. Sometimes we are not able to blame anyone. We are the cause of it ourselves. It's time to grow up and learn how to handle relationships better. How to voice out your thoughts better. In any case, communication is always the key to a good relationship.
Random me. Random thoughts. Random review.